search?

Thursday 24 February 2011

So! I am still digesting all the jaw-dropping collections that have hit the runway in the past couple of weeks, not to mention the runways they hit!
BUT... I think I have a current favourite....Jason Wu.
Wu truly stepped up this season with his signature seamless elegance infused in some places with a slightly luxury sportswear flavour. With everything from classic suits to indulgent tulip dresses to the breathtaking finale of his vibrant red column dress Wu is said to have been inspired by
" the beautiful photographs from Robert Polidori's book Parcours Museologique Revisite, which documents the restoration process of Versailles over a 25-year period. I love the contrast between the opulent decors with the raw materials seen mid-construction."

 clearly you can see the inspiration in the guilded mirror lined runway and the grandiose chandeliers in boxes giving an opulence otherwise requiring an extravagant venue.






Personally, my favourite piece was the slit charcoal column dress, and hey if Wu was once good enough for the first lady herself....then he is more than divine for me!



No comments:

Post a Comment