search?

Wednesday 18 August 2010

In the Beginning...

Here we go....
Basically my interest in fashion really began a few years ago whilst doing a project on 1940s fashion. That is really where I found my love of the clean cut "new look" style. so I thought that the "ravishing" new Louis Vuitton autumn/winter 2010-11 collection from Marc Jacobs was a fabulous place to start!

Perfectly located at the classic Louvre around its circular fountain the fabulous new collection took the audience back to the era when the "new look" was revolutionising fashion! Of course Mr Jacobs gets many congratulations from me on the use of more regular sized models...(including Elle Macpherson and Rosie Huntington Whiteley)...as I feel myself be swept back to 40s and wanting to exert my womanhood!

With an abundance of full skirts and beautifully crafted handbags we can see that Mr Jacobs' eye was most definately on the finer details this season (the finer details being the quality of the leather upon which the classic LV stamp was emblazaned) At first sight, even down to the imaculate grooming, the collection makes the stunning models look like sweet 1940s society girls but look beyond the classic tailoring and tweed an you will realise the womanly models spilling over their dresses and letting out the cheeky side of Jacob's (and why not!)  Then we see Jacobs at his best whilst the tailored jackets display pleated shoulders and an obvious flair for tailoring.

Finally,the luxury of the period was shown off with a stunning row of evening dresses including Rosie Huntington-Whiteley in a fabulous chiffon gown with indulgent drapes of material and sparkles!
To me this collection really stands out.... in short... I wanna live in the Jacobs 40s!

1 comment: